How We're Building The World's Largest & Most Important Commerce Event
What’s New for Shoptalk 2017: Registration Now Live!
Jul 19, 2016 by Anil Aggarwal
2016’s Shoptalk took place just eight weeks ago and since then, we’ve been hard at work putting together our next event. Shoptalk 2017 is scheduled for March 19-22, 2017—that’s two months earlier in the year to avoid overlapping with Q1 earnings season. We’re excited to share that registration is open and tickets are now available
Great Feedback on Shoptalk 2016
We received incredibly positive feedback from the retail and ecommerce ecosystem on the inaugural Shoptalk. The scale and quality of the community we brought together were world-class, and entirely unprecedented for a first-time event: We had more than 3,100 attendees, including over 1,000 C-level executives, and almost 400 CEOs. That success has laid the foundation for us to grow to more than 5,000 attendees in 2017.
A Blockbuster Shoptalk 2017
We were also delighted to have received suggestions on how to make 2017’s Shoptalk even more valuable to all stakeholders. We’re planning another year of amazing speakers and an engaging, high-end event. We’re also:
- Introducing new session formats, including more standalone presentations and case studies, to ensure a great mix of disruptive thought leadership and practical takeaways, both of which are required to navigate the ongoing and disruptive industry changes.
- Increasing meaningful networking opportunities, including through curated and facilitated connections as well as by allocating additional time during the event for meetings--both planned and serendipitous.
- Reconfiguring the Exhibit Hall, as well as better integrating it into the overall Shoptalk experience to ensure valuable interactions and lead generation while maintaining an open and friendly environment.
Early Bird Ticket Rates Now Available
To ensure accessibility to Shoptalk for everyone with an interest in the future of retail and ecommerce, we’re offering highly discounted ‘early-bird’ rates for a limited time.
In 2016, Shoptalk brought together an incredible group of senior-level speakers. Over 90% were VP and above and 50% were CEOs, representing key commerce ecosystem stakeholders, from large retailers to the most exciting startups. 2017 will further establish a tradition of world-class Shoptalk speakers.
The interest in speaking at 2017’s Shoptalk has been overwhelming—we’ve already received hundreds of speaking requests, and have already confirmed more than 30 speakers, including:
- Mona Bijoor, CEO, Joor
- Mindy Grossman, CEO, HSN, Inc.
- Scott Friend, Managing Director, Bain Capital
- Jack Groetzinger, CEO, SeatGeek
- Gautam Gupta, CEO, NatureBox
- Jim Hilt, EVP, CMO and eCommerce, EXPRESS
- Sid Jatia, Vice President, Omnichannel Digital, Under Armour
- Samir Joshi, Retail Leader, Tesla
- David Kimbell, Chief Merchandising and Marketing Officer, ULTA Beauty
- Aimee Lapic, SVP/Chief Marketing Officer and Online GM, Banana Republic
- Bill Lee, Vice President Smart Home Product Marketing, Samsung
- Jeremy Liew, Partner, Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Billy May, SVP of Digital, eCommerce, and Corporate Development, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Eric Migicovsky, Founder and CEO, Pebble
- Rebecca Minkoff, Creative Director and Co-Founder, Rebecca Minkoff
- Uri Minkoff, CEO and Co-Founder, Rebecca Minkoff
- Tami Mohney, CMO, Modell’s
- Taleeb Noormohamed, Chief Revenue Officer, Farfetch
- John Strain, Chief Digital and Technical Officer, Williams-Sonoma
- JuE Wong, President, Elizabeth Arden Brand
- Joey Zwillinger, Co-Founder, Allbirds
If you’d like to speak at Shoptalk, please click here to submit a speaking request.
Refining the Agenda
Our agenda for 2017 is now taking shape—we’ll be bringing back our most popular topics from 2016 as well as adding several new ones that will provide an even more holistic view of the world of commerce.
Our 2017 track themes will include:
- Changing Consumers
- Personalized Commerce
- Evolving Trends in Marketing
- Distributed & Connected Commerce
- Retail Experiences of the Future
- Physical Retail Goes Digital
- Merchandising Innovation
- Logistics Innovation
- Entrepreneurship & Investment
- Research & Market Insights
- Startup Pitch
In addition to our core programming, we’ll have special programming on a variety of topics including international markets, payments and some of the early-stage technologies that are set to disrupt specific commerce sectors.
An Integrated Exhibit Hall That’s Already More Than 50% Sold Out
The Exhibit Hall is designed to be a focal point of Shoptalk’s 2017 experience. We’ve reconfigured the Exhibit Hall to optimize for the attendee and exhibitor experience and better integrated it into the overall Shoptalk experience—including for networking and entertainment.
If you’re interested in exhibiting at Shoptalk 2017, please click here to let us know. Although 2017’s Exhibit Hall has doubled size, it’s already more than 50% sold out!
A Balanced Schedule
Shoptalk 2017 starts on Sunday, March 19, at 3:00 pm with track sessions, followed by opening keynotes and a welcome reception. Sessions continue on Monday morning at 8:30 am. The event will conclude on Wednesday, March 22, at 12:25 pm, with closing keynotes and special programming. We recommend you arrive on Sunday morning or early afternoon and leave on Wednesday late morning or later.
Throughout Shoptalk there will be opportunities for formal and informal networking, learning outside of sessions and for exploring new solutions and partnerships.
Shoptalk 2016’s Photos, Videos and More
Check out the following from 2016’s Shoptalk:
- Over 1,000 event photos on Facebook
- More than 20 keynote videos on YouTube
- Some of the incredible event media coverage
Have any questions on 2017’s Shoptalk? Email us at email@example.com.
The Shoptalk Team